NationalChildSupport - home
we have the power to collect read what our clients are saying about us see how much money you are owed... possibly including interest! print out a form and we can start helping you today read our frequently asked questions Our contact information page

Who We Are

Dispelling Myths

Privacy Policy

Contact Us

Site Map

National Child Support BBB Member
Child Support Enforcement Council Member

Frequently Asked Questions

These are the questions we are most often asked by our clients.  If your question is not answered here, or if you would like further clarification on any issue, you can call us toll-free, anytime at 1-888-95-CHILD.  If you would like to have National Child Support get started collecting your child support immediately, click here.

Q. How long has National Child Support been in business?

A. National Child Support has been helping parents and children collect past-due child support since 1991.  We have helped tens of thousands of parents collect millions of dollars of past-due child support.  

Q. How do I know if I'm eligible to receive your collection services?

A. If you have a court order for child support and are currently not receiving any AFDC or TANF payments and have an arrears owed to you of at least $2,500, you're eligible. We will help you collect what is owed to you. You are still eligible if you receive food stamps or have a medical card.

Q. What do I pay for your collection service?

A. National Child Support does not charge an application fee. We only get paid when you get paid. We charge a flat 34 percent commission on each payment collected. Remember, most states allow you, the custodial parent, to add interest to your uncollected balance.  This added interest can cover a large portion of our fee.

Q. What if my case has been closed by a government child support agency, do I still have the right to collect?

A. Yes, in most cases, National Child Support can pursue your delinquent child support even if the government child support agency will not.

Q. If my children are over 18, can I collect?

A. Yes, in most cases, the unpaid child support is still owed and can be collected.

Q. How can I determine the amount of back child support owed to me?

A. Contact the government child support agency currently responsible for processing your child support payments. They can send you a statement of arrears. If you have not been working with a government child support office, or if a government child support office has closed your case, you will need to research your own records to determine the correct balance. Upon hiring National Child Support, we can help you determine your balance and will provide you with an affidavit of indebtedness.

Q. How long will it take to collect my child support?

A. Since we can't get paid until you do, our staff is highly motivated to collect your child support as quickly as possible.

Q. Are there any forms to fill out?

A. Yes. Our forms are simple to complete. You may download the forms from this Web site. Plus, we're here to help. Your call center representative will be happy to assist you with anything you need to get started.  Call us anytime at 1-888-95-CHILD.

Q. Will I have to go to court?

A. In most cases, you do not need to return to court if you have a court order to receive child support.

Q. Do you work nationwide?

A. Yes. We can help parents anywhere in the United States.

Q. How can I be sure that once payments start they won't stop again?

A. We are proud of our record.  We'll be there to be sure you get paid consistently. Our systems and procedures are designed for ongoing collection. We follow up on all payments to be sure you get the money that you are due. Remember: We get your payments for you, or we don't get paid.

Q. Once National Child Support collects the arrearage, will 34 percent continue to be taken out of the monthly child support payments?

A. Once the National Child Support collects the arrearage in full, you have the right to terminate our services and receive the full amount of your current monthly child support.

Q. What is National Child Support's success rate?

A. We locate 80 percent of absent parents; of these, we activate payments on approximately 50 percent of them.

Q. What can National Child Support do differently than the government agency that I have been trying to work with?

A. First and foremost, our collection specialists have far fewer cases than a typical government agency employee. This give us the time to thoroughly investigate the absent parent. Our specialists are professionals, trained in locating individuals and their assets. We dedicate the time to talk to neighbors, creditors, employers and tax assessors. Our specialists are compensated by their results. If we are unsuccessful, we will  place your case with an attorney in our nationwide network--at no additional cost to you.

Q. Can National Child Support add medical expenses that the absent parent is ordered to pay to my child support balance?

A. Yes, if there is a court-ordered judgment for medical bills owed.

Q. Can National Child Support collect spousal support that the absent parent is ordered to pay?

A. Yes, as long as it is accompanied by a child support order.

Q. Can National Child Support intercept the absent parent's tax refund?

A. No, only a government agency can intercept a tax refund.

Q. How can I get a copy of my divorce decree or court order for support?

A. Call the Clerk of Courts in the county where you were divorced and ask them to send you a copy of your decree. They may charge a small fee to make copies.

Q. Is the absent parent responsible for the commission you charge?

A. No, however, National Child Support can generally add interest to the balance owed, often covering a large portion of our fee.

Click Here for Help Now!

National Child Support has helped collect child support throughout the United States
Some of our featured states:
Who We Are   |  Dispelling Myths   |  Privacy Policy   |  Contact Us   |  Site Map  
|  Articles   |   |  Affiliate Program  |

©2009 NationalChildSupport